In less than a month, we’re heading up to Northern Europe – Germany, Austria and parts of Switzerland and we couldn’t be more excited! The hills and valleys of Hallstat and Sebensee which almost look photoshopped because of their pristine perfection! An anticipation of meeting history and natural beauty coupled with some serious European food – (none of that spagbol or lasagne thingy ;P Both of which I love, BTW) I will never tire of travelling around Italy!
We recently came across a German Deli and thought we’d sample some sausages and salami before we went so as to not make rookie mistakes in expensive, European restaurants. And with the games on, finger food is always a winner! Here is a selection of dry cured salamis – Pepper Salami, white Goud, Brown Mettwurst with hazelnuts, black hickory-smoked Liverwurst, paprika salami that’s a whole lot like the Spanish Chorizo and pale thin, mould covered Salanettis – which in my opinion, is the devil’s own creation! We bought some absolutely fabulous cheeses too – chilli paprika and chive and garlic! Strong, punchy, bold flavours…definitely not date night food 😉 You can appreciate that hard, dry cured meats need to be sliced thin with a good, sharp knife and I decided to get my Ozeri Elite Chef Black Ceramic 3-Piece Knife Set and give it a go!
Let me tell you a little about these new-to-the-UK knives…This is what it says on the tin 😉
- The Elite Chef Black Ceramic Knife Set includes 3 ultra-sharp 100% ceramic knives that slice through fruits, vegetables, and boneless meats with unmatched ease.
- Coupled to perfectly balanced ergonomic handles, the Elite Chef Ceramic Knives make chopping, mincing and dicing easier than ever before.
- By utilizing the purest ceramic, each blade is close in hardness to diamonds and preserves its razor-sharpness 10 times longer than traditional steel blades.
- Unlike metal knives, the Ozeri Elite Chef Black Ceramic Knives do not corrode, rust or leach metal ions from long-term exposure to moisture, oils and acids in common foods.
- Finished with a reflective black veneer, each Ozeri ceramic knife weighs less than half of an equivalent metal knife, thereby reducing fatigue and pain associating with preparing big meals and repetitive cutting.
Well, I found myself agreeing with most of it…it certainly is very light and well designed so for the lack of a less dramatic phrase, your hand literally drapes around it! It has a very slick, ultramodern look, and I suppose would make an excellent gift for male friends who potter about the kitchen a fair bit! I oscillate between modern to boring in my kitchenware and when this came through, my husband seemed pleased that finally, he’d have something he’d ‘like’ to use in the kitchen! Unfortunately for me, mine is no cook, so he’ll cut us an apple or an onion with this! 😉 So, if you ever find yourself looking at gifts for men, give this a look into – I bet a lot of men and women will be very happy with it!
A lot is said about the ceramic sharpness- “close in hardness to diamonds and preserves its razor-sharpness 10 times longer than traditional steel blades”, and I did find them very, very sharp- but let’s face it, all new knives are razor sharp. Continued use will probably be the judge of whether this indeed, will stand the test of time! I liked that the set had three knives and could be used for scores of cutting and chopping tasks around the kitchen! I’m very pleased with the look and function of the product and hope that you’ll have a look to see if it floats your boat too! You can check it out at Amazon where they’re exclusively available at the moment!
You might also like to read :
*Disclaimer : This is a sponsored post, and I was given this set for my participation! All opinions, stories, photographs, and ramblings are authentically mine! :)*